WE’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our beautiful campus in Bellingham!
BEGINNING YOUR STUDIES WITH US
When you join us on campus you can look forward to a safe, fun and inclusive learning experience as you build cultural experiences and create networks for your future. You will be surrounded by a supportive community of international students and expert staff, ensuring you have the best possible start to your study experience.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
Once you’ve been offered and accepted your place to study with us, you can start preparing for university. We’re here to make this process as easy as possible for you. To start with, you’ll need to make sure you’ve done a few important things:
- Confirm your place. The first thing to do after you receive an offer is pay your deposit. You must do this in order to confirm your place. You can then begin the student visa process. To see what payment is required, and pay it online, visit our fees page.
- Apply for your visa. You can find out more about the visa application process on our arriving in Bellingham page.
GET PREPARED WITH START SMART
When you enroll at Western, you will benefit from Start Smart at no additional cost – so you are prepared to start your courses with the skills you need to succeed., you will benefit from Start Smart at no additional cost – so you are prepared to start your courses with the skills you need to succeed.
You’ll receive early exposure to your university education and experience – ensuring you begin Western with confidence. With Start Smart, you will:
- Meet and interact with staff before you arrive
- Join an international community of fellow students from all over the world
- Study a blended course model, combining interactive sessions with the flexibility to learn on your own schedule
- Develop your skills through interactive one-to-one and group discussions
In this free course, you’ll be introduced to a wide range of subjects, including:
- Navigating a learning management system (LMS)
- US culture
- Reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Learning and success
- At the end of Start Smart, you’ll receive a certificate to show you completed the modules before progressing on to your program.
*Subject to University policy, program availability and ongoing disruption caused by COVID-19