Help With Your Application

Below you will find additional information for every question on the application. If you are still unsure, you can contact us.

Section 1 - Select a Program

Question Explanation

Level of degree program you want to study?

Please choose the level of degree you are applying for:

  • 'undergraduate' for a first degree - bachelor's program
  • 'graduate' for a second degree - master's program

Preferred preparation program

Indicate your preference of program from the drop-down list:

  • the academic discipline you want to study (e.g. business)
  • the length of program you require (students with lower English levels must study for longer)

Your actual program duration will be determined by your English proficiency on arrival.

Do you know the subject you want to study?

If you are unsure which undergraduate major you want to study, choose 'Don't know yet'

Section 2 - Student Details

Question Explanation

Primary language of education

Select the language in which the majority of your classes were taught at the schools and universities you have attended.

Do you have a valid I-20 from another US school or university?

An I-20 is an immigration document given to international students when they enroll at a US university. If you are already studying in the US, your I-20 will need to be transferred to Lynn University. Please send a copy of your current I-20.

Section 3 - Parent/Guardian Details

Do not enter your own contact details.

If you are over 18, provide details of the person who can be contacted in the case of an emergency when you are at University in America.

Question Explanation

Relationship to student

:How the person is connected to you, e.g. father, mother, brother, guardian

Section 4 - Spouse and Children

Enter details if your husband, wife, or children will stay with you in the USA when you are studying at Lynn University.


Relationship to student

How the person is connected to you, e.g. wife, husband, son, daughter

Section 5 - Criminal/Disciplinary Record and Insurance

Criminal and disciplinary record
If you answer 'yes' to either question about your criminal and disciplinary record, you must submit a full statement (in English) of relevant facts including the approximate date of the incident(s):

All students are required to be properly insured. StudyCare insurance will be automatically added to your booking unless proof of alternative insurance is provided. If you indicate that you do NOT need StudyCare insurance you must email or fax a copy of your existing insurance, translated into English.


Section 6 - Financial Information and Agreement

Financial information
We do not offer scholarships. You must have access to funds to pay for your study. To obtain a student visa, you will be required to present financial documents to the US Consular Office in your country to prove that you have enough money available to you. The amount depends on the program you are eligible for:


Question Explanation

Agreement by the student

As the person applying to become a student you should check this box to indicate that you agree to our Terms and Conditions of admission.

Agreement by the financial sponsor or fee payer

The person responsible for paying your fees should make this agreement. Checking the box is the equivalent of signing the application form to formally declare to pay all fees as they become due, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.

Agreement by the parent or guardian

This box needs to be checked by your parent or guardian if you are under 18. Full details of the medical release authorization are given in the Terms and Conditions.

Section 7 - Previous Education and Test Results

Undergraduate applicants MUST send a copy of official transcripts for their final 3 years at High School (translated in English is necessary).

Graduate applicants MUST send a copy of their entire undergraduate university transcripts. 

Certified originals of all transcripts and score reports will be required upon registration at the University.

Question Explanation

Type of school

Beginning with High School (or Secondary School), give details of each education institution you attended.
Click the 'Add another row' button to give details of any institutions after High School.
If you are applying for the Pre-Master's Program, this is compulsory information.
If you continued to study after High School, but not on a degree program, choose 'Post Secondary' as the type of school.

Average grades/results/GPA

Grade Point Average (GPA) is used in the US education system to indicate level of academic achievement. A score is calculated on a scale of 0-4, with 0 being a fail and 4 being the highest grade. Use World Education Services' free grade conversion guide to compare the grading systems in your country with the American GPA system, and enter your GPA equivalent into the box.

Qualification awarded

Give the name of the High School Graduation Certificate you got when completing your studies, e.g.:

  • International Baccalaureate
  • HKCEE (Hong Kong)
  • Upper Middle School Graduation Certificate (China)
  • Certificate of Complete Secondary General Education (Russian Federation)
  • General Secondary Education Certificate (Saudi Arabia)

For Pre-Master's applicants, also tell us the name of the degree you were awarded, e.g. BA International Relations

Test Scores

If you have taken any of the standard US University admission tests listed, select it from the dropdown.

Question Explanation


Lynn University accepts the standardized exams from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) as proof of English language proficiency. However, you do not need an official TOEFL or IELTS score to apply to the International Year or Pre-Master's Program.


Lynn University accept this alternative to TOEFL or IELTS. You can take this English test for free at a Study Group USA Higher Education LLC dba International Pathway Program or representative's office in your country. If you have already taken the Password test, tell us your score.


You do not need a GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score for acceptance on the Pre-Master's Program. However, you must take one of these standardized test before entering your master's degree. If you already have a GRE or GMAT score, tell us here.


Standard University placement exams for American High School students. Tell us if you have taken one of these tests.

Section 8 - Airport Pickup and Housing

Question Explanation

Do you require airport pickup on initial arrival?

For an extra fee, we will arrange for transport for you when you first arrive at the airport. A private vehicle will take you from the airport directly to your accommodation. We recommend students use this pre-booked transport service, to ensure their safety and convenience on arrival in the USA. 
Choose 'Yes' if you would like to book this transport.
Choose 'No' if you will make your own transport arrangements.

Find out more about starting your studies or check the latest COVID-19 information.