Global Learning Travel Grants
The Institute for Global Engagement (IGE) offers two grants of $2000 each on an annual basis to faculty who are engaged in leading Global Learning programs.*
Faculty may apply for this annual grant for the following purposes:
- To fund a site visit for a new Global Learning program in another country. Faculty may use the funds to pay for their own travel expenses or share the funds with a second GL program leader.
The funds must be used to visit a confirmed destination and to plan the logistics for a proposed GL program. The proposed site visit cannot take place during a GL program. The site visit can take place before a new GL course has been approved by ACC.
- To fund a site visit for an on-going GL program in another country. Faculty may use the funds to pay for their own travel expenses or share the funds with a second GL program leader. The funds must be used to develop new content and contacts at that site or assess program sustainability at that site.
Deadline: Applications are due by 4 p.m. on January 13, 2017 for site visits planned for anytime during the following 18 months.
Please address the following criteria in your application:
- Proposed Global Learning course and potential student audience
- Travel grant objectives
- Travel grant itinerary
- Proposed budget for how the $2000 will be spent
ISCC will review the applications and make a recommendation to the GL Program Director, who will inform the successful applicant of the award. Upon completion of a travel grant, participants will be required to provide a post-trip report / presentation describing the outcome of the trip and how it relates to future Global Learning course plans.
2017 Global Learning Travel Grant application deadline has passed.
- Paul James (Anthropology)
- Theresa Warburton (English)